Ref NoGB1752.UNI/RM/OC/2/2/2
LevelSub series
TitleAngola Visit Reports
DescriptionSub series of reports relating to visits to Angola.

The Portuguese colony of Angola was founded in 1575. It was occupied by the Dutch as Dutch Loango-Angola between 1641 and 1648. It was then re-colonised by Portugal in 1948 and proceeded to exist as part of Portuguese West Africa from 1655 until its designation as an Overseas Province on 20 October, 1951. During this period it was known as Overseas Province of Angola and Portuguese Angola and from 1972 as the State of Angola. It became the independent country of Angola in 1975 and now officially forms the Republic of Angola.

Access to reports that include opinions about individuals - or what was intended for them - will be limited to the named individual only until 75 years after the creation of those records, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Date1957 - 1981
Extent8 items
Access StatusOpen
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020