|Description||[This sub collection has not been catalogued. Please contact email@example.com for more information about the records we hold.]|
The Trust was set up to promote the temperance cause. In 1918, with financial assistance from Lever Brothers Ltd, the Trust moved to premises in New Chester Road, New Ferry, and opened a cafe. Other rooms in the building were let out to local clubs and organisations such as YMCA, and even the Labour Exchange. During 1930-1931 free meals were provided for the needy under the name of the New Ferry Benevolent Fund. On the expiration of the tenancy of the Cocoa Rooms in June 1931 the Trust Committee wound up its affairrs.
Donations were made to the Bebington and Bromborough UDC District Committee and other voluntary bodies in succeeding years. The Trust itself was finally wound up in 1956 and the investments transferred to the Mayoress of Bebington Fund.