|Description||The firm of Barton and Warterhouse Ltd of Lowgate, Hull, was extablished in 1876 by Bernard Barton and Horace Waterhouse to carry on the business of seed crushers. |
On 2 June 1917 the partnership was dissolved and Horace Waterhouse retired from the business, Bernard Barton continuing as Governing Director. The Company was incorporated on 16th October 1917.
On 24 October 1919 Joseph Watson and Sons Ltd acquired the business; which at that time included three mills in Hull: King's Mill, Atlantic Mill and Albion Mill. In the same year the name of the company was changed to Barton's Seed Crushing Mills Ltd.